Selective laser trabeculoplasty for chronic open angle glaucoma
This laser is a very gentle and safe procedure. Gentle laser burns are aimed at the trabecular meshwork. This opens up the meshwork, so the aqueous can then drain out of the eye more easily.
- it is used for chronic open angle glaucaoma when the pressure is slightly too high.
- it is not suitable for end-stage glaucoma
- ALT=SLT AAO Oph 2011
- helpful and can be repeated see 2013 ;advances BJO 16
- light coloured iris 0.8-1.3; dark 0.6-0.8my
- if bubbles reduce power by 0.1, but see paper below
- 180 degrees 50-60; 360 degrees 100-120